Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Meet the Family

Welcome to my first blog. Well, my first blog on this site. Sometimes you find things in life that you are passionate about. Extremely passionate about. Though others may never get it or even try to understand where your passion comes from it still doesn't stop you from feeling what you feel & following your heart ♥

I'm passionate about animals. Rescuing them & giving them a loving home. I don't have "pets", I have furry family. Yes my son could qualify as a "furry family" member but I'm talking about the critter kind. We currently have 6 feline rescues, they are pictured above & though I may be slightly biased I think they are some of the most adorable felines I've ever met ♥ Let me introduce them...

Skittles (bottom orange tabby) aka "Big Boy", "Fiddle Faddle" and "Mr. Man" - he is 12 years old. He personally adopted my son from day one. He's quite a "big boy" weighing in at about 22 lbs. How you ask? Not a clue, I bottle fed him since he was 4 weeks old found under a deck without his mother. He grew up healthy & strong... and kept growing as you can see.

Lily (above Skittles to the right, she looks Chinese) aka "Lilameena", "Lily Bug" and "Weeble Wobble" - she is 10 years old. She was an abandoned kitten on the side of the road that we adopted from PAWS. Her nickname "weeble wobble" comes from her hip dysplasia. She waddles when she walks & needs to take stairs slower & more carefully than the others. She also had her tail snipped or broken leaving her with a stiffer than normal yet beautiful feathery tail.

Mocha (left above Skittles - dark Tortie) aka "Mocha Choca Latta" and "Miss Pissy Paws" - she is 3.5 years old. She was a kitten from a cat my parent's rescued, aka Mama. She has the disposition of a 90 yr old woman with hemorrhoids, but we love her no less. She too took to the kiddo but not so well to the younger crew yet to be introduced. We believe she became disgruntled when she was no longer the baby. 

Punkin (above Mocha, playing Peek-a-boo) aka "Punka Doodle" and "Poodle" - she is 2.5 years old. She is a rescue from "Fur-ever Loved" (see link) She was abandoned and found in a bush by a realtor. She had a hole in her abdomen & her ribs showed. Fur-ever Loved nursed her back to health & I stumbled across her adorable "mouse face" in Craigslist after I had be turned down by another rescue. I was quite devastated as I wanted to rescue a cat that had only one eye. I know the "less than perfect" ones rarely find homes. Due to certain stipulations/requirements, they turned me down. Now I know why ♥ Punkin is my baby girl.

Baxter (handsome boy in the middle) aka "Boo Boo" or "Bumble" - he is 1 year old as of April 2012. He has the largest paws I've seen on a house cat. I swear he's part bobcat. His tail alone is 14" long. He is a big adorable goof. We rescued him from a very overpopulated shelter, only because the littlest of our crew "adopted" him as her big brother & we're so glad she did. He makes me laugh like no other. He doesn't "meow" he "buzzes" (like a bumble bee)

Reesey (upper right hand corner - another Tortie) "Reesey Piecey Pants" (as my son says "Reesey pees her pants")  - she is 1 year old as of May 2012. Her frightened face peered out from behind cages in the shelter just in time for us to scoop her up. She fit in my palm. We discussed no more adoptions for the time being before we began volunteering. Two visits later we were introducing Baxter & Reesey to the rest of our furry family. I don't regret a second of it.

That's the crew. Love them with every ounce of my soul. Thus brewing my next blog regarding fostering & how I envy those who have the strength to do it. As I found out yesterday, I am not one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment