Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Closer Look at the "Crazy Cat Lady"

A Few Things About Me:





~I don't have a house full of critters running around, exceeding legal limits.
~When you walk in my house there is no pungent stench that makes your eyes water.
~I am not a vegetarian, though I have tried. Damn burgers.
~I DO treat my cats like family, they get talked to every day, several times a day, yes in baby talk.
~They get preferential treatment, even when we have house guests.
~I don't tolerate cruelty or ignorance when it comes to animals. And I am quite outspoken at times.
~I do not buy from or promote breeders.
~You WILL encounter fur in my house, no matter how much vacuuming that takes place.
~In our house, cats get first dibs. If you move your feet & lose your seat... better find another.
~My Picture album is 80% cats.
~I despise when people classify cats as evil. They all have their own personality, just like humans.
~I love dogs & other animals just as much, just feel I'm a better "fit" to have felines.
~I do not read animal postings on Craigslist. #1 - I cry #2 - my posts have been deleted for telling people off.
~I help rescue but I am not a rescue.
~I worked in a vet's office briefly ~ I cried with every euthanasia that came in. I also adopted "too often" according to the ex. Thus he's an ex.
~ I like to educate on spaying & neutering, Bob Barker is my hero
~ I will HELP you with advice & information but I will not take your pet off your hands. I may slap you though.
~ I'd rather be surrounded by animals than by people.
~ I don't go to zoos, I find them inhumane, same goes for horse races.
~ I stop to talk to groundhogs, horsies, cows, and any other furry critter that crosses my path.
~ I have recently discovered bird houses along the fence at McDonald's. Therefore if you see me "parking" there no I'm not making out or bingeing, I'm bird watching.
~ My cubicle resembles an 8 year old girl's bedroom as it's slathered with cat pictures.
~ Yes I do kill some insects.

If you want to know more, just ask.
I've never been known for being shy.


 





2 comments:

  1. I too am an animal lover. I too talk to animals wherever i see them. It's like i have Animal ADD. I'll be driving along and i see a rabbit and i automatically say "awww a bunny-yabbit". It just comes out. I talk to any animal i see anywhere i go. I could be having a conversation with someone outside, all the while in my head i'm trying to listen and figure out what birds are singing what songs. I feel sad for all the little critters i see dead along the road, and tell them i'm sorry their little lives ended that way. I don't kill bugs unless they are trying to hurt me first. Bugs in my house get placed outside without being killed. I know. I'm a sick individual, but it's who i am. I have 3 cats of my own. I fostered for the Humane Society and ended up keeping over half of what i fostered. Can't do it anymore. i feel too much for animals. And i guess i don't trust other people to take care of them as well as i would, so it's hard to give them up. I would take every single animal home with me to keep if i could. My daughter has a bearded dragon, my son has a corn snake, and we have a dog, a fish tank and an outside pond with frogs. There will always be animals in my life. Always. So don't feel like you are the only "i talk to animals" person out there. There are lots of us i'm sure. For me, i talk to the animals, not people. So how would anyone know I'm a crazy animal lover??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are crazy & that's why we're such good friends ;) Never thought there were people as "weird" as me when it came to animals...then I met you :) We rock!

    ReplyDelete